Friday, April 3, 2015

Be Bold!! Family Plus PS

We will not have our regular groups this week. I hope you can join us for one of the six services that are being offered. 
Click here for times of services and egg hunts. 

Since we are not having our regular classes this week I thought I would share what I call a God whisper. 

I have been trying to be bold with sharing my faith in Jesus. 

I was in line at the Dollar store on 109 a few weeks ago. I was getting ready to go out of town for the weekend. When I arrived at the store I heard a man talking on his cell phone trying to figure out which phone card to purchase. I fill my little basket full of snacks for the trip. I get in line behind two other people. The man is still on the phone contemplating on getting the right card. He finally makes a decision and gets in line behind me. I insisted that he get in front of me. Apparently he had been in the store several minutes before I arrived. He continued a conversation with the cashier of why he was buying the phone card. He told the cashier his dad was in the hospital and wanted a trac phone to have in the hospital with him. This is where I wanted to be bold but just could not muster up a conversation with him. 

I checked out and sat in my car. I was so mad at myself for not asking the man questions about his dad. I prayed for his dad and asked God to forgive me for not talking to this guy. I had more errands to run. I was running late to pick up my daughter from the high school. I needed to pick her up first then get gas and then run to the bank and pick up a friend. Something kept telling me to get gas first. I kept thinking I need to get Shelby first. Nope I was feeling the need to get gas first. Back and forth, I just could not understand the reasoning of why I should get gas before my other errands.

I was about to pass the gas station. I have to make a decision. But why? Okay! I pulled into the gas station circled around picked a pump. I got out and low and behold that same guy is pumping gas in his truck. He said “You following me?” I wanted to say not on purpose. I love when God whispers to me maybe this time he was not just whispering. :) I asked him his dad’s name and why was he in the hospital. His name is Grady Sr. He is 68 years old. Grady Sr. was released from the hospital several days of head injuries after a serious auto accident. When he got home a few days after he started having abdominal pain. His son, Grady Jr. said he was not doing well and the family has been worried sick about him. I asked him if the family knew that Jesus was the answer. I told him that I would pray for him and his family. He was taken back and thanked me for being bold in my faith. 

Jesus was very bold dying for you and me. So join me in being more bold. Maybe next time I will be able to pray on the spot with a stranger.  

Loving you!

In His Service and Love,

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment