Friday, May 16, 2014

He Loves Me! Family Plus PS

Hi Parents and Grandparents of Preschoolers!

Here’s an activity you can do with your preschooler to help bring this week's story home.

Let your child hear you pray. Look for opportunities throughout the day to say a thank-you to God. Encourage your child to say or sing a thank-you prayer. Say: “God hears us when we talk to Him. Talking to God shows our love for Him.”


This Sunday, May 18, 2014, your preschooler will learn about this story:

David Wrote a Song of Thanks
Based on Psalm 138:1-8
David was the king of Israel. He was a man who loved God. David wanted to say thank you to God. These are some of the words David wrote:
Thank You, God, for Your love. You have kept Your promises. I will sing praises to Your name.
Whenever I pray to You, You listen and answer. You have made me strong.
All the leaders of the earth will praise You, God. You are mighty and strong.
People will sing of the wonderful things you do. Even though You are great, You love us.
God, You protect me if I am in danger. You will help me do what You want me to do. You will love me forever.

Christ Focus: Jesus said to thank God for all things.
Life Point: Thank God for hope.
Life Verse: God loved us and sent His Son. 1 John 4:10

Questions:
What are some things that David thanked God for in his song?
What can you thank God for?

Upcoming Events and Announcements:


  • If your child is in any kind of extra events please let me know. I love going to ball games of any kind, recitals, or award ceremonies. Just let me know the dates and I will do my best to attend.
  • Your preschooler will not want to miss any of the wonderful events we have planned for them. Please make sure you pick up your 2014 calendar for events at any of our information centers.  

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.  
Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment