Thursday, January 31, 2013

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - January 31, 2013

HI Parents and Grandparents!
 
I hope you were able to get started with reading God's word in a year. If you have not started, I really want to encourage you to do so today. It is so easy. If you were thinking it's just to late, it is not! Start today. Because one year from today is a year. Another great reason that helps me stay up to date, is knowing that this weeks message will be on the stories I just read the week before. The messages are so much more clear. I also encourage you to find a friend to hold you accountable to finish. I promise it will help motivate you to stay with it. If you need any help at all with getting started or just need an accountability reading partner, don't hesitate to contact me. I would love to help. Have a great week and happy reading! 
 
This Sunday, February 3, 2013, your preschooler will hear this story -
 Jesus Chose Disciples Matthew 4:18-22; 10:2-4
Bible story brief -
* One day Jesus walked beside a big lake called the Sea of Galilee. He saw two brothers, Simon Peter and Andrew, fishing.
* "Come, follow Me," Jesus said. "I want you to be My disciples." Simon Peter and Andrew immediately stopped fishing and went with Jesus.
* Jesus saw two different brothers, James and John, mending nets in their father's boat.They were fishermen, too. Jesus said, "Come, follow Me." James and John stopped working and went with Jesus. Simon Peter, Andrew, James, and John became Jesus' first disciples. They went with Jesus to help Him.
* Jesus chose Matthew, a tax collector, to be a disciple. He also chose Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, another man named James, Thaddaeus, Simon, and Judas.
* Altogether, Jesus called twelve men to be His disciples.These men learned from Jesus and helped Him.


Bible Verse -  Jesus chose twelve disciples. Mark 3:14
Life Application - I can learn how and why Jesus chose disciples.
Bible Truth - Jesus chose people to help Him.

Your weekly parent challenge/activity - Look for sets of 12 items. Items might include 12 miniature marshmallows, 12 raisins, 12 cotton balls, 12 small rocks, or 12 socks. Say: "The number 12 reminds me of your Bible story this week." Use your Bible to tell the Bible story to your child. Help your child understand that Jesus chose 12 disciples.


Save these dates:
*February 15 Preschool Pajama Party 3 year olds to Kindergarten 6pm-8:30pm $5


If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.
Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment