Thursday, January 24, 2013

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - January 24

Hi Parents and Grandparents!

I have really enjoyed getting "Into the Word" with our church; Reading God's Story: One-Year Chronological Plan. I have four individuals keeping me accountable to the reading plan I committed to being a part of.  They do this by both challenging me and encouraging me. If you have not started, I challenge you to start today. If you need me to help you or encourage you to get this done on a daily basis, I would be more than happy to help you. Just let me know. I know you have days just like I do where it seems to hectic to read. It only takes me ten to fifteen minutes to read daily. I also love how our messages on Sunday follow along with our reading. If you have not started, I am encouraging you today to start, it's not too late. To learn more on how you can get into the word click here. The website has made it very easy for you to start. If you have already started, how is it going for you? Do you have a testimony that I can share to encourage others to start? I hope you have a blessed week. Happy reading!

This Sunday, January 27, 2013, your preschooler will hear this story -
A Woman Gave an Offering Mark 12:41-44       
Bible story brief -
• Jesus was at the temple. He had been teaching a crowd of people who were at the temple. Jesus sat down beside the offering boxes. He saw many people come by and drop money into the boxes. Many rich men threw valuable coins into the offering boxes.They had a lot of money and could bring large offerings to the temple.
• A poor woman walked up to one of the boxes.The woman did not have much money. She could not bring a large offering to the temple. Jesus heard a tiny clink, clink as she dropped two small coins into the box.
• Jesus called His disciples to come to Him. “Let me tell you something,” He said. “That poor woman has given more than anyone else.”
• The disciples wondered what Jesus meant. Jesus said, “The rich men gave a lot of money. But they have more money at home. They gave some of their money. The poor woman had only two small coins. She gave all the money she had.”


Bible Verse - Bring an offering to thank God. 1 Chronicles 16:29
Life Application -  I can discover that people at church give offerings.
Bible Truth -  People at church give money to help others.



Save these dates:
*February 15 Preschool Pajama Party 3 year olds to Kindergarten 6pm-8:30pm $5

If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment