Tuesday, November 20, 2012

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - November 20

Hi Parents and Grandparents!

With Thanksgiving and Christmas upon us, I was thinking about traditions. I would love for you to send me stories on traditions you and your family have. It can be about Thanksgiving or Christmas. We had a tradition in my family on Christmas Eve when I was a child. My mother would buy all of us new pajamas. It was the one and only present we could open on Christmas Eve. I remember being very excited about opening the pajamas. We knew it was pajamas but didn't know what kind. Sometimes they were homemade and sometimes they were new. They always had a robe with them.Today I have this same tradition with my family. I hope my children treasure this tradition just like I do. I can't wait to hear your stories.


This Sunday, November 25, 2012, your preschooler will hear this story -

Hannah Prayed 1 Samuel 1:1-20
Bible Story Brief -
• Hannah was very sad. She and her husband, Elkanah (el KAY nuh), did not have any children.
• Every year, Elkanah and Hannah traveled to Shiloh to the tabernacle (tent church) to worship God. One year in Shiloh, Hannah went inside the tabernacle to pray. She knew that God would listen to her prayer.
• Hannah prayed words like “God,You are so good. I am sad. Please give me a baby. I will bring him to church to learn about You, God.” Hannah was so sad that she cried as she prayed. She moved her lips as she prayed but did not say the words aloud.
• Eli, the priest, went to talk with Hannah. Hannah told Eli why she was crying and praying. She said she was praying for a baby. Eli told Hannah that God had heard her prayer.
• Hannah left the tabernacle and ate a meal. She did not feel sad anymore. The next morning, Hannah and Elkanah worshiped God together and returned home.
• Hannah waited. One day she knew she was going to have a baby. After a while, she had a son. She named her son Samuel. Hannah knew that God had heard her when she prayed to Him.

Bible Verse -
I pray to God, and He hears me. Psalm 77:1
Life Application - I can pray to God anywhere.
Bible Truth - People pray at church and other places.
Your parent challenge this week - Ask your child to help you find places to pray. Make a list of all the places your child can pray. Help them conclude that we can pray to God anywhere. Read the Bible verse together. Tell the Bible story from 1 Samuel to your child.



Save these dates:

* December 7th - Kids Night Out Ages: Birth - 5th grade Cost; $13 for one child, $18 for two children, $23 for three children, no family pays more than $23.


If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment