Thursday, October 25, 2012

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - October 25

Hi Parents and Grandparents,

This is our activity & assignment for Wednesday night, Oct. 31. We are taking this opportunity to send our church into the community! 

As You Go & As They Come

On Wednesday, Oct. 31, people will turn on their porch lights and welcome total strangers to their homes. It's called Halloween (Trick or Treat). We are taking this opportunity to send our church into the community!  Join us in accepting this open invitation by inviting the people you encounter that night to “The Great I AM: A Worship Encounter with the God who IS!" (Nov. 17-18, 2012).
You can do this in one of two ways:
  • As You Go” from house to house, leave an invitation, or
  • As They Come” to your house, drop an invitation in their sack along with your treat. 

Invitation cards are available at the church office or in the foyer on Sunday morning or Wednesday evening (in front of Thrive Books and Media).
We will have no other church activities on Wednesday night, Oct. 31, 2012.


This Sunday, October 28, 2012, your preschooler will hear this story -

Jesus Washed his Disciples’ Fee
t John 13:1-17
Bible Story Brief -
• Jesus loved His disciples very much. He wanted to show them how much He loved them.
• One night, Jesus and His disciples ate a meal together. After the meal, Jesus stood and took off His coat. He wrapped a towel around His waist. He held a basin, which was like a large bowl, and poured water in it. He took the basin, knelt down, and washed the feet of a disciple. He dried the feet with the towel that was wrapped around His waist. One by one, Jesus washed and dried His disciples’ feet.
• When Jesus came to Peter, Peter stopped Him and asked, “Are You going to wash my feet, too?”
• Jesus answered, “Yes, Peter. I am going to wash your feet.” • “No,” said Peter. “You should not be washing my feet.” • Jesus explained that He wanted to wash the feet of each of His disciples.
Peter said,“Please wash my feet.” • When Jesus finished washing the feet of all the disciples, He asked them,
“Do you understand why I washed your feet? I am your Teacher, and I have been kind to you by washing your feet. I want you to follow My example and do kind things for people, also.You should do as I have done for you.”

Bible Verse -
Jesus said,“Help others like I have helped you.” John 13:15
Life Application - I can help others, just as Jesus did.
Bible Truth - Jesus helped others, and I can, too.

Your parent challenge this week - Each day this week, plan an activity for your child to do that helps someone. Ideas might include sorting his laundry, helping set the table, opening the door for someone at church, picking up something that has been dropped, and spending time with a younger sibling.


Save these dates:

* December 7th - Kids Night Out Ages: Birth - 5th grade Cost; $13 for one child, $18 for two children, $23 for three children, no family pays more than $23.


If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment