Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - October 11

Hi Preschool Parents and Grandparents!

This week's story has to be by far my favorite story in the Bible. Having a sister of my own, I can relate to this story. I can just see myself being Martha and my sister being Mary. I know I would have done the same thing, marched right up to Jesus and said what the heck is going on here? Why in the world are you allowing this to happen? Mary is just being lazy, make her do something.
I love how quickly He set Martha straight. This story is a great reminder of how important it is to take the time to listen to Jesus. My prayer for you this week is to be still so you and your preschooler can hear HIM!


This Sunday, October 14, 2012, your preschooler will hear this story -
Jesus Loved Mary and Martha Luke 10:38-42

Bible Story Brief -
• Jesus and His disciples walked to Bethany, where Jesus’ friends Mary and Martha lived.They were sisters.
• Martha invited them into her home and rushed to prepare a meal. She wanted the meal to be very special for Jesus and His disciples.
• Mary sat down on the floor at Jesus’ feet and listened to every word that Jesus said.
• Martha worked to prepare the food, worrying that everything would not be just right. Mary was not helping prepare the meal.
• Martha was upset. “Jesus,” Martha said, “my sister has left me to do all the work. Tell her to help me.”
• Jesus said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are working hard and worrying about many things. Mary has chosen the better thing to do. She is showing that she loves Me by listening to Me.The most important thing is to love Me and learn about Me.”

Bible Verse - Jesus said, “Love one another.” John 15:17
Life Application - I can love my friends, just as Jesus did.
Bible Truth - Jesus loved His friends, and I can, too.

Your parent challenge this week -  Look for opportunities to live the verse with your child and your family this week. Look it up together several times and talk about ways you can show love to your friends.

Save these dates:

* December 7th - Kids Night Out


If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment