Thursday, January 19, 2012

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - January 19

Hi Parents and Grandparents,

This week help your child understand that God is always with him/her. When you pull into the grocery store parking lot, ask: “We are at the grocery store. Is God with us?” (yes) When you are dropping your child off at school, say: “You are going into school. Is God with you?” (yes) Continue with other destinations this week as you work together to understand God is always with us.

This Sunday, January 22, 2012 your preschooler will hear this story - 

God loved Jacob (Genesis 28:10-22)
Bible Story Brief -  
•  Jacob was traveling from his home to Haran. It began to get dark. Jacob found a place to stop and rest for the night. He found a smooth stone and placed it under his head for a pillow. 
•  As Jacob slept, he had a dream. In his dream, Jacob saw a stairway. The stairway reached from the earth up into heaven. Jacob saw angels going up and down the stairway. Jacob heard God speak to him. 
•  God said, “I am God. I will give you this land where you are lying. You and your children will have this land.” God made a promise to Jacob. God said, “I will be with you wherever you go. I will not leave you. I will always be with you and will help you.” 
•  Jacob woke up. He felt afraid. He wondered what his dream meant. He thought about his dream. He knew that God would be with him and help him. He knew that God would help him have food to eat and clothes to wear. Jacob wanted God to know how thankful he was for the promise. Jacob took the stone that he had used for a pillow and set it in a special place. The stone would help Jacob remember where God had talked to him. Jacob said, “God, do what You have promised to do.” 

Bible Truth - God is always with me. 
Life Application - I can learn God is always with me. 
Bible Verse - I am with you wherever you go. Genesis 28:15 

Reminders:
* February 24 - Preschool Pajama Party Ages 3 year olds - Kindergarten Cost $5

Its that time of year again when your children are into sports and/or dance. Please send me their schedule. I would love to see them in action. 

If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.

Thanking God for you and your preschooler,

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment