Friday, January 13, 2012

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - January 13

Hi Parents and Grandparents,
This week, focus on God’s love in your life and the life of your child. Use the following Bible phrases this week to reinforce the time in his/her classroom at church:
 God cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
 God knows what you need. Matthew 6:8
 God will help me. Psalm 121:2
 I am with you everywhere you go. Genesis 28:15
 God loves us. Psalm 107:1
Here is another idea to reinforce the Bible lesson this week: Gather a few markers or crayons and paper. Lead your child to give you a list of ways God cares for her/him. Print the list and invite your child to add drawings of some of the items on the list. Post it on the refrigerator. Consider printing the Bible verse at the bottom of the list. Point to each word and read the verse with your child until he can say it by himself.

This Sunday, January 15, 2012 your preschooler will hear this story -
God cared for Elijah (1 Kings 17:1-16)
Bible story brief -
•  Elijah (ih LIGH juh) was a prophet. Elijah loved God. He listened to God and told people what God said. Elijah told the king, “No rain will fall.”
•  God told Elijah to go live by a river and the ravens would bring him food. Soon the river dried up because there was no rain. God told Elijah to go to the town of Zarephath (ZAR ih fath). He told Elijah a woman there would give him food and water.
•  When Elijah got to Zarephath, he met a woman gathering sticks. Elijah asked, “Would you get me some water to drink?” As she was going to get the water, Elijah said, “And please bring me some bread.”
•  The woman answered, “I have no bread. I have only enough oil and flour to make a small loaf of bread for my son and me. After that, we will have no other food.”
•  Elijah told her not to be afraid. He told her to go and make bread for him and herself and her son. He said, “God will keep giving you oil and flour to make more bread until He sends rain. “
•  The woman did as Elijah told her. Each time she made bread, she had enough flour and oil. God made sure the oil and flour did not run out. God cared for the woman and her son, and He cared for Elijah.

Bible Truth - God gives us what we need.
Life Application - I can know God gives me what I need.
Bible Verse - God cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Reminders:
* February 24 - Preschool Pajama Party Ages 3 year olds - Kindergarten Cost $5
Its that time of year again when your children are into sports and/or dance. Please send me their schedule. I would love to see them in action. 
If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.
Thank you for sharing your preschooler with us,
Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment