Tuesday, November 22, 2011

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - November 22

Hi Parents and Grandparents,
We celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday this week. I want to remind you, there will be no Wednesday night activities this Wednesday November 23, 2011. Enjoy your time with your family. Thanksgiving is a special time of the year when we are reminded of the importance of expressing thanks to God and being kind to others. You can encourage your preschooler's spiritual growth by modeling prayers of thanksgiving in your home. Pray with your preschooler each day. Say something like: “God is so good to us. God loves __________. God loves Mommy. God loves Daddy. Thank You, God, for our family.”

This Sunday, November 27, 2011 Your preschooler will hear a story about -

David Remembered His Promise (2 Samuel 4:4; 9:1-13)
Bible Story Brief -
• David promised his friend Jonathan that he would always be kind to Jonathan and his family. When David became king, he asked Ziba (ZIGH buh), “Who is left in Jonathan’s family? I would like to show the kindness of God to him.”
• Ziba answered, “Jonathan’s son, Mephibosheth (meh FIB oh sheth), is still living. Both of his feet are crippled.” So King David asked for Mephibosheth to be brought to his palace. David said, “Do not be afraid. Your father was my friend. I will be kind to you.”
• King David gave Mephibosheth all the land that had belonged to his grandfather, King Saul. He also said, “I will always give you what you need.” Mephibosheth bowed and thanked King David for being kind.
• King David said to Ziba, “You and your family must grow food on the land I am giving to Mephibosheth.” Ziba said to King David, “I will do anything you ask me to do.”
• King David took care of Mephibosheth. He treated Mephibosheth like one of his own sons.

Bible Verse - Do what is right and good. Deuteronomy 6:18
Life Application - I will learn to keep my promises.
Bible Truth - God wants me to keep my promises.

Conversation Starter - If you are traveling, use travel time in the car for Bible story review. Talk about the Bible story and review the Bible verse with your child. Praise your child as he/she thinks of ways to do what is right and good.


UPCOMING EVENTS
Kids Night Out Dec. 9
Family Plus Event Jan 5

If you have any questions about these events or any area of our New Generations Ministry please do not hesitate to contact me.

If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.
Don't forget to send me those sweet stories about your preschooler. I hope you have a blessed week!!
Thanking God for you,
Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment