Friday, March 13, 2015

What Is A Penny Good For Anyways?

Hi Parents and Grandparents of Preschoolers -
I had a wonderful discussion with your preschoolers last week about giving money to Jesus. The conversation came up when we were learning more about the woman that did not have a lot of money but gave generously. One of our preschoolers asked, "How do I give my money to Jesus?" I never underestimate their comprehension. I think a lot of times they get it way before us adults do.  On top of learning about loving your neighbor on Sunday, we will also discuss more about how we can give our money to Jesus. This week I will be giving them 10 pennies. We will count the pennies together. We will take one penny out of the bag and drop it in a bucket. We will talk about giving so little will mean a lot to Jesus. We will also start letting them give their money to Jesus on a regular basis. We will be doing that every Sunday in Wee Worship. I am looking forward to teaching them about giving as an additional way to worship.

This Sunday, March 15, 2015, your preschooler will learn that:
Jesus tells a story about what it means to truly love your neighbor. Luke 10:25-37

MEMORY VERSE
 - Love one another. John 13:34
BASIC TRUTH -  Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
KEY QUESTION - How can I love?
BOTTOM LINE - I can love like Jesus.
UPCOMING EVENTS
*Father/Son Camp In - March 27th time is running out - sign up today!!

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually. 

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment