Friday, October 31, 2014

Thankful Much? Family Plus PS

Hi Parents and Grandparents!

The month of November we will be focusing on saying, "Thank You, God."  I love to hear preschoolers say their prayers because they are always thanking God for everything. "Thank You God for my sister. Thank You God for my mommy and daddy. Thank You God for my cat. Thank You God for....." They are so sweet and so honest. I remember thinking when my children were little, I hope that they never forget to be thankful for everything.

When is the last time you said “Thank You” to God? Yesterday at the dinner table? Or was it last night before bed? Did your toddler hear you thanking Him? Does she know you are thankful, too?
Model a thankful heart this month and watch your child join in the fun while growing in gratitude. You could even start a “Thankful Tree” on the kitchen wall where you draw or write something you’re thankful for on a colorful leaf. When you add it to the wall, you say “Thank You, God” in front of your whole family.

This Sunday, November 2, 2014, your preschooler will learn that:

God made the water and we are thankful.  Genesis 1:6-10

MEMORY VERSE - “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart.” Psalm 111:1, ESV
BASIC TRUTH - God made me.
KEY QUESTION - Who do you thank for everything?
BOTTOM LINE - Thank You, God, for everything.

UPCOMING EVENTS
Don't forget to set (Fall Back) you clocks an hour Saturday night. You gain an extra hour of sleep.
December 12 - Kids Night Out

Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.  

Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment