Friday, August 17, 2012

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - August 17

Hi Parents and Grandparents,

I love this time of year. What I love most is the cooler weather. I know it's short lived but I do try to live in the moment,, and the moment is cooler weather. Also, what I love about this time of year is the Wilson County Fair. My family is planning to attend next Sunday, August 19th at our Go Worship event. I hope your family plans to attend as well. If you would like more information on this event click here. I hope to see you there. I will have on my blue Go Worship shirt.

This Sunday, August 19, 2012, your preschooler will hear this story -

Jesus Taught About Love (Mark 10:13-16)
Bible Story Brief -
• Jesus was a busy teacher. He taught people about God. Everywhere Jesus went, people followed Him.
• One day some parents brought their children to see Jesus. The mothers and fathers wanted their children to see Jesus and hear His kind words. Many other people came to see Jesus that day, too.
• The disciples saw the mothers, fathers, and children trying to get close to Jesus. The disciples stopped the parents and told them to take their children and go home.
• Jesus saw His disciples sending the children and parents away. He was sad and angry. Jesus said, “Let the children come to Me. Do not keep them away. God loves children. They are part of God’s special plan. Everyone should love God like these children love Him. Children are important to God.”
• Then Jesus took the children in His arms. He touched the children gently and said special things to each child. Jesus told the children how much God loved them.
Bible Verse - Jesus said, “Let the children come to Me.” Mark 10:14
Life Application - I am important to Jesus.
Bible Truth - Children are important to Jesus.
 
Your parent challenge this week - Write on a paper plate "Jesus loves me". Have your preschooler draw a picture of themselves on the plate. Have fun decorating it. While you are decorating the plate, talk with your child about what Jesus did to show that He loves us. Ask your child questions for example, "What are ways that we can show Jesus we love Him?" (talking to Him and telling Him we love Him, obeying Him and our parents, being nice to everyone - doing things that Jesus would do.)
Save these dates:
*September 21st Kids Night Out

If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.
Thank you for allowing us to partner with you in guiding your child spiritually.
Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment