Friday, October 28, 2011

FAMILY PLUS Preschool - October 28

Hi Parents and Grandparents,
I would like to hear stories about your preschooler like the story I shared last week of inviting Jesus to come snuggle. I love when children know what to do sometimes before us parents do. Let me know your stories so that we can share them. Here is a story that a mom shared with me this week. Her children came running to her screaming and crying that their dog had ran off. They had accidentally let the dog out of the fence and they could not find her. The 7 year old daughter explained to her mom that her and her little brother had already prayed that the dog would come back. They went running out to find the dog and she's standing in the garage looking at them. The 4 year old son said with tears streaming down his face "God does live down here wiff us." This is a wonderful reminder to pray first about everything.


This Sunday, October 30, 2011 your preschooler will hear a story about:
Peter Wrote about Jesus (Matthew 4:18-24; 2 peter 1:1,12-21)
Bible Story Brief -
• Peter was a fisherman. One day Jesus said, “Come with Me. I want you to help Me tell people about God.”
• Peter went with Jesus. Peter saw Jesus make sick people well. He heard Jesus teach about God’s love.
• Later, Peter wrote letters about Jesus. He wrote: “I, Simon Peter, a disciple of Jesus, write to you and remind you about the things that
Jesus did. I want you to remember them always.”
• “When I tell about Jesus,” Peter wrote, “I am telling you what really happened. I saw it myself. God sent Jesus. Jesus did what God wanted Him to do.”
• Peter also wrote about the Bible: “Pay attention to what the Bible says. The words in the Bible are not people’s words; they are God’s words. The Bible tells us what God wants us to know.”
• People read the letter from Peter.

Bible Truth - The Bible tells us about Jesus’ life and teachings.

Life Application - I will learn the Bible teaches about Jesus.

Bible Verse - The Bible teaches us about Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15

Conversation Starter for this week: Locate several Bibles in your home. Invite your child to look at each Bible. Show him/her where 2 Timothy is in the Bible. Remark: “The Bible has stories about Jesus.” Using the weekly take home page, review this week’s Bible story. Ask: “Who does the Bible tell us about?” (Jesus)

UPCOMING EVENTS
Family Fall Festival October 28 at the Lannom Farms Cost: FREE! Time: 6pm - 8pm
Kids Night Out Dec. 9

If you have any questions about these events or any area of our New Generations Ministry please do not hesitate to contact me.
If there is something that I can help you pray about with you or your family please let me know.
I hope you have a blessed week!!

In His Love,
Bridget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment